Skip to main content

Personal Series #3 Spring 2016 "Spirit Guides; The Next Evolution"

Once again, to recap…A “Spirit Guide” is defined by Wikipedia as:
"Spirit guide" is a term used by the Western tradition of Spiritualist Churches, mediums, and psychics to describe an entity that remains a disincarnate spirit in order to act as a guide or protector to a living incarnated human being.

For my third series I made four main figures and three sprites from the pubic bone up. They will sit on a table and seem to be emerging from the surface they are presented on. Like my first series, these figures represent spirit guides that a soul may have in one lifetime on earth but they will be evolved souls- they take on the characteristics of the next four color planes, Green, Blue,  Blue Violet and Purple. They each have a specific talisman for a lesson learned in life. It is either be in the form of jewelry or hair embellishment.

Their colors are based on pallets of auras. As a soul ascends onto higher spiritual planes your aura changes color. ( I have just finished reading Dr. Michael Newton’s Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls – so the colors will be based on his remarks and findings: “In his second book, Destiny of Souls, a table of color correspondences for the soul is shown in chapter five. On page 171 Dr. Newton has given us a table to show the various gradations of color marking the soul's evolution. “Figure 6: Color Spectrum of Spiritual Auras” gives the following general ranking of the soul via color. Dr. Newton has premised six grades of spiritual evolution for the soul based on the "soul's primary core colors." The lowest grade (Level 1) is that of a beginning soul, while the highest grade in his system (Level 7)."”
I plan on having them interact with the first three I made, perhaps those will be on the wall behind them. I  constructed them out of terracotta this time – to give them a warmer undertone. I learned from the first series that the “Soul/wing element I incorporated behind the wall figures needs to be flushed out- perhaps in surface treatment and coincide with the colors of the soul. The back side of each figured was sprayed with a colored terra sig that I made. There is a Green, a Blue, Blue- violet, and Purple hue on the back sides of the coordinating spirit guide- indicating what level of guide they are.
This series took me a long time because they had to be perfect- they had to have a presence and it took me making 7 of them to get them to the state that I envisioned. They Shrunk quite a bit so that part was a disappointing but I am thrilled with their results. I constructed the main guides wings and adornments over and over until the right ones were made. I put blood sweat and hard work into this series and really feel a progression.

I give you "Spirit Guides; The Next Evolution"...

"She Fastened Her Own Wings: Guide #7"
"She Fastened Her Own Wings" Detail

"Listen to the Stillness: Guide #
"Listen to the Stillness" Detail

"Three Sprites"
"The Shift; Guide #6"
"The Shift; Guide #6" detail
"Warrior Guide #4"
"Warrior Guide #4"detail



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celestial Work

  I call my latest body of work, “Star People, the Sky as Witness”. (Consider this as an intergallatic introduction of sorts). The sky has always played a powerful constant in my life and she is always watching as the universe whispers it's desires. I was born on an airbase during Pisces Rising, an Aries Sun and a Scorpio Moon. I come from a family of stargazers with an alien abductee mother, who is called “Starseed" by every psychic she meets and a sailor father who consults the stars with the tide as his first mate. He drove us to Cape Canaveral when I was 11 to see the Challenger lift off. We camped in the backyard for my sweet 16 to party with Halleys Comet. My Art school Final critiques took place during an eclipse and my teachers said they wouldn't expect anything less. My sister and I observed our small existence in the Grand Canyon as we star-bathed under the glorious milk way.  My children and I get up in the middle of the night and stand in the driveway to “ooh a

Thrilled to be included in the SIP SHOW again this year

I am thrilled to have been accepted into the Savannah Clay Community SIP "A Ceramic Cup Show" again this year.

Fun glaze experiments

I am thrilled with this fun glaze experiment. My salads will be so pretty.