Skip to main content

Lots Going On


Oh this new year started off crazy for me but led me to a new path ( or side trip?). First off, I would like to thank Charles Clifford Brooks III for the wonderful interview he published about me in  The Blue Mountain Review this month. I'm a shy person so it's hard for me to talk about myself, but seeing it published and reading it online was like a visit from my soul. I was reminded of where I've come from and how I am still growing. Anyways it is an awesome journal of culture and I am thrilled to be in such wonderful and talented company. 


During some down time, caring for family- I was quiet and still for a bit- this is when the creative energy has a chance to seep in your mind. So I started a little side project called "My Haunted Basement" - it's an online magical mercantile where I have some things listed for sale that I am passionate about. Things that aren't art. They needed a place to live and why not in my haunted basement? My sister and I pour limited edition candles on full and new moons and we wanted to share these intentionally infused magical candles with the world. 

Along with the candles, I hope to have my jewelry (currently Brothel Tokens from the 1800's necklaces) I make and Kimonos I design listed also. Right now its a side project and I work a little on it every day. An online store is proving to be a lot of work and with the weather raining 5 straight days every week since October, I'm having a hard time taking decent photos of the products. This on top of managing a family and trying to make my art is a big job. So I am going to take it slow and enjoy the ride. The website is live but with many " coming soon" pages. If you click on the product pages from the homepage you can see descriptions of what I have to offer. 
Moon Magik Full Moon Candle- poured during the Super Blood Wolf Moon 

1800's Brothel Coin/ Semi Precious Stone Necklace 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celestial Work

  I call my latest body of work, “Star People, the Sky as Witness”. (Consider this as an intergallatic introduction of sorts). The sky has always played a powerful constant in my life and she is always watching as the universe whispers it's desires. I was born on an airbase during Pisces Rising, an Aries Sun and a Scorpio Moon. I come from a family of stargazers with an alien abductee mother, who is called “Starseed" by every psychic she meets and a sailor father who consults the stars with the tide as his first mate. He drove us to Cape Canaveral when I was 11 to see the Challenger lift off. We camped in the backyard for my sweet 16 to party with Halleys Comet. My Art school Final critiques took place during an eclipse and my teachers said they wouldn't expect anything less. My sister and I observed our small existence in the Grand Canyon as we star-bathed under the glorious milk way.  My children and I get up in the middle of the night and stand in the driveway to “ooh a

Thrilled to be included in the SIP SHOW again this year

I am thrilled to have been accepted into the Savannah Clay Community SIP "A Ceramic Cup Show" again this year.

Fun glaze experiments

I am thrilled with this fun glaze experiment. My salads will be so pretty.